Custom pet portraits, hand made cake toppers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My very first miniature house!

Today I want to share with you images of my very first miniature house.
I modeled it about 10 years ago when I started using clay, is definitely not to scale, and many things I would change now, I would model them in different ways, but I am very fond of it, because it was the first and from there came  my great passion for polymer clay!
It is composed entirely of objects modeled by hand by me or recycled objects found here and there, like small pieces of fabrics, parts of little chains come from broken jewelry, flowers from favors, pieces of glass mosaics, wire, pieces of golden ribbons from Christmas, cartboard, plastic sheet…
Even the wooden structure that accomodate the house is recycled. It is an old drawer I found in the attic of my maternal grandmother

Here is the front of the house, I added flowers pot under painted windows, a balcony and a door with the number “16”. This number is a tribute to my grandmother's house which is located precisely at 16.


This is the interior of the house:


Let’s see rooms in details.
Bedroom:



A bed with a white crocheted blanket, a window where you can see a bird on a branch, a cute armchair, a screen, a painted wardrobe and paintings and candlesticks on walls.

Bathroom: a comfortable bathroom with everything that can serve!


Sitting room: with a comfortable pink sofa, a lovely fireplace and a roching chair, many books and paintings on walls.




 An old style kitchen:





On the roof there is a garden and an attic:





This house has been a hobby for months, until I decided that I would not have added anything more, and was great fun building it and here comes my love for miniatures!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts - I would love to hear from you!:D